College Success Tools Inc. & GradSnapp
The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (www.msdf.org ) is dedicated to improving the lives of children living in urban poverty around the world. College Success Tools, Inc. is a fully owned subsidiary of the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation creating technology tools for college success.
GradSnapp was developed from the technology behind the Dell Scholars program. Since 2004, Dell Scholars has supported over 4,000 students with a lean team of advisors. Our ability to help scholars depends on what we know about the challenges they are facing, and our technology helps us get that information directly from students so that we can intervene and provide appropriate support. The technology is now available as a cloud-based student management platform for college success – GradSnapp.
Current Opportunity – Senior .NET Engineer
GradSnapp is seeking a Senior .NET engineer who will be responsible for the application architecture, technical design and development of the GradSnapp tools. We have an Admin portal that the advisors use to help students and the Student portal that the students use to engage with the advisors.
As more organizations are embracing GradSnapp, we are being presented with new and interesting problems to solve. We have a very ambitions roadmap and need a strong team player onboard who will work with a small team to provide elegant and maintainable solutions in the multi-tenant architecture. This is a unique opportunity to use your technology experience to make a difference and provide advanced technology to organizations who are doing the important work of supporting students graduate from college. You can learn more about the GradSnapp at https://www.gradsnapp.com.
As a Senior Engineer your primary responsibilities include:
- Using your technical leadership to design, develop, test and deploy solutions (web, mobile) that meet our business needs.
- Timely delivery of scalable, high quality reliable and innovative solutions
- Ongoing support and maintenance of these products.
- Develop and maintain our suite of automated test cases
- Development and support of automated build and deployment processes
- Management of our development/test environments as well as tool/build environments
The ideal candidate should have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/industry experience and has spent at least 8 years directly responsible for developing web-based software applications. The candidate should have experience with architecture and development of n-tier Web applications and demonstrate knowledge/skills in most of the following areas:
- Strong design and development experience in C#
- Knowledge of the .NET framework
- Commitment to clean, maintainable, testable and readable code is a must
- Proficient in latest Microsoft web technologies/frameworks (ASP.NET, Webforms, MVC, Razor etc.)
- Development using an ORM (nHibernate or Entity Framework)
- Database programming for Microsoft SQL Server 2008/12
- Software configuration best practices (Continuous integration/build, Source control) – AppVeyor/TeamCity etc.
- Microsoft development tools to analyze, design, code, test, and debug software – Octopus, AppVeyor
- Experience successfully completing/delivering multiple projects utilizing an Agile methodology
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) using nUnit (or similar testing tools) is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure/AWS configuration is preferred.
- Query Optimization and tuning
The ideal candidate also demonstrates the following qualities:
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and technical troubleshooting
- You take pride in your work and always leave the code cleaner than you found it.
- You work collaboratively with both your business partners and technology team to build solutions that work. You are deeply inquisitive of the big picture and embrace feedback in the effort to build the best solutions possible.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Opportunity – Customer Success Manager, GradSnapp, Austin, TX
The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (“MSDF”) has a position open for a Customer Success Manager for our GradSnapp student management platform on the College Success Tools LLC team based in Austin, Texas.
What will you do?
The Customer Success Manager will be a critical team member of our small start-up team and will be responsible to ensure our customers’ success using GradSnapp to increase student outcomes and communicate any barriers experienced by customers back to the product team. The primary responsibilities include:
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales renewal support
- Assist with licensing and invoicing
- Assist with onboarding new customers to the GradSnapp platform
- Provide help desk support to the GradSnapp users
- Troubleshoot technical and non-technical challenges
- Communicate the user feedback to the Product team and actively participate in feature roadmap creation
- Build and foster strong relationships with all levels of staff at customer organizations
- Develop customer support and training materials for the GradSnapp Help Center
- Assist in the development of customer in-person trainings and online webinars
- Review and assess customers’ progress and offer recommendations based on results
- Ensure highest customer satisfaction and return on investment while enhancing customer experience
- Define business objectives for customer and develop a strategic direction for succes
The successful candidate for the Customer Success Manager role will possess the following:
- A relevant experience base in college access and college completion initiatives
- Demonstrated ability in supporting and coaching customers on a SaaS platform and being a resource in advancing customer outcomes and goals
- A degree of personal organization and results-orientation that would allow success in a quantitative, outcomes-oriented environment
- A proven ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently on complex problems
- Strategic thinking capability combined with effective management and control of the details
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate issues, program strategies, and results to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to manage all aspects of a software implementation and management of projects including:
- Communicating progress to stake holders & feedback to Product Management
- Diligence in responding to client support queries & questions
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Facilitating problem solving
- Relationship management
- Ability to participate in strategic planning and set team direction accordingly
- Ability to be able to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced work environment
- A high level of organizational skills and sense of personal accountability
- Experience managing multiple projects and relationships simultaneously
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree is required & 4+ years of experience working directly in the customer success space by responding to customer needs and developing resources to support customer success. Strong preference for experience in the college completion/advising space either providing advising support directly to students and/or providing “customer” support to team members, mentors, other stakeholders supporting students to college completion.
- Familiarity with college completion/student advising domain
- Understanding of student support/advising data, protocols
- Strong business and analytic acumen
- Experience working with a software-as-a-service application
- Experience with customer ticket administration
- Experience with authoring training guides and resources
- Experience working with database imports of various text file formats
- Experience with Agile development process and productivity tools like JIRA/Confluence etc.
- Solution-focused problem solving
- Unquestioned values and ethics
- Ability to travel up to 2-4 days/month for customer site visits and tradeshows/conferences