Current Opportunity – Customer Success Manager, GradSnapp, Austin, TX
The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (“MSDF”) has a position open for a Customer Success Manager for our GradSnapp student management platform on the College Success Tools LLC team based in Austin, Texas.
GradSnapp was developed from the technology behind the Dell Scholars Program. Since 2004 the Dell Scholars Program has supported nearly 4,000 students with a very lean team. Our ability to help scholars depended on what we knew about the challenges they were facing, and our technology helps us get that information directly from students. Once we knew a student needed our help, we could easily intervene and provide the appropriate support.
And now GradSnapp is available to organizations that support students for college/education success.
What will you do?
The Customer Success Manager will be a critical team member of our small start-up team and will be responsible to ensure our customers’ success using GradSnapp to increase student outcomes and communicate any barriers experienced by customers back to the product team. The primary responsibilities include:
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales renewal support
- Assist with licensing and invoicing
- Assist with onboarding new customers to the GradSnapp platform
- Provide help desk support to the GradSnapp users
- Troubleshoot technical and non-technical challenges
- Communicate the user feedback to the Product team and actively participate in feature roadmap creation
- Build and foster strong relationships with all levels of staff at customer organizations
- Develop customer support and training materials for the GradSnapp Help Center
- Assist in the development of customer in-person trainings and online webinars
- Review and assess customers’ progress and offer recommendations based on results
- Ensure highest customer satisfaction and return on investment while enhancing customer experience
- Define business objectives for customer and develop a strategic direction for succes
The successful candidate for the Customer Success Manager role will possess the following:
- A relevant experience base in college access and college completion initiatives
- Demonstrated ability in supporting and coaching customers on a SaaS platform and being a resource in advancing customer outcomes and goals
- A degree of personal organization and results-orientation that would allow success in a quantitative, outcomes-oriented environment
- A proven ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently on complex problems
- Strategic thinking capability combined with effective management and control of the details
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate issues, program strategies, and results to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to manage all aspects of a software implementation and management of projects including:
- Communicating progress to stake holders & feedback to Product Management
- Diligence in responding to client support queries & questions
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Facilitating problem solving
- Relationship management
- Ability to participate in strategic planning and set team direction accordingly
- Ability to be able to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced work environment
- A high level of organizational skills and sense of personal accountability
- Experience managing multiple projects and relationships simultaneously
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree is required & 4+ years of experience working directly in the customer success space by responding to customer needs and developing resources to support customer success. Strong preference for experience in the college completion/advising space either providing advising support directly to students and/or providing “customer” support to team members, mentors, other stakeholders supporting students to college completion.
- Familiarity with college completion/student advising domain
- Understanding of student support/advising data, protocols
- Strong business and analytic acumen
- Experience working with a software-as-a-service application
- Experience with customer ticket administration
- Experience with authoring training guides and resources
- Experience working with database imports of various text file formats
- Experience with Agile development process and productivity tools like JIRA/Confluence etc.
- Solution-focused problem solving
- Unquestioned values and ethics
- Ability to travel up to 2-4 days/month for customer site visits and tradeshows/conferences