College Success Tools Inc. & GradSnapp
The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (www.msdf.org ) is dedicated to improving the lives of children living in urban poverty around the world. College Success Tools, Inc. is a fully owned subsidiary of the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation creating technology tools for college success.
GradSnapp was developed from the technology behind the Dell Scholars program. Since 2004, Dell Scholars has supported over 4,000 students with a lean team of advisors. Our ability to help scholars depends on what we know about the challenges they are facing, and our technology helps us get that information directly from students so that we can intervene and provide appropriate support. The technology is now available as a cloud-based student management platform for college success – GradSnapp.
Current Opportunity – Senior .NET Engineer
GradSnapp is seeking a Senior .NET engineer who will be responsible for the application architecture, technical design and development of the GradSnapp tools. We have an Admin portal that the advisors use to help students and the Student portal that the students use to engage with the advisors.
As more organizations are embracing GradSnapp, we are being presented with new and interesting problems to solve. We have a very ambitions roadmap and need a strong team player onboard who will work with a small team to provide elegant and maintainable solutions in the multi-tenant architecture. This is a unique opportunity to use your technology experience to make a difference and provide advanced technology to organizations who are doing the important work of supporting students graduate from college. You can learn more about the GradSnapp at https://www.gradsnapp.com.
As a Senior Engineer your primary responsibilities include:
- Using your technical leadership to design, develop, test and deploy solutions (web, mobile) that meet our business needs.
- Timely delivery of scalable, high quality reliable and innovative solutions
- Ongoing support and maintenance of these products.
- Develop and maintain our suite of automated test cases
- Development and support of automated build and deployment processes
- Management of our development/test environments as well as tool/build environments
The ideal candidate should have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/industry experience and has spent at least 8 years directly responsible for developing web-based software applications. The candidate should have experience with architecture and development of n-tier Web applications and demonstrate knowledge/skills in most of the following areas:
- Strong design and development experience in C#
- Knowledge of the .NET framework
- Commitment to clean, maintainable, testable and readable code is a must
- Proficient in latest Microsoft web technologies/frameworks (ASP.NET, Webforms, MVC, Razor etc.)
- Development using an ORM (nHibernate or Entity Framework)
- Database programming for Microsoft SQL Server 2008/12
- Software configuration best practices (Continuous integration/build, Source control) – AppVeyor/TeamCity etc.
- Microsoft development tools to analyze, design, code, test, and debug software – Octopus, AppVeyor
- Experience successfully completing/delivering multiple projects utilizing an Agile methodology
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) using nUnit (or similar testing tools) is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure/AWS configuration is preferred.
- Query Optimization and tuning
The ideal candidate also demonstrates the following qualities:
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and technical troubleshooting
- You take pride in your work and always leave the code cleaner than you found it.
- You work collaboratively with both your business partners and technology team to build solutions that work. You are deeply inquisitive of the big picture and embrace feedback in the effort to build the best solutions possible.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.